I've had this photo saved to my computer for a while, so unfortunately that means I don't know where it came from (if you have any idea, please let me know. I really want to give credit where it's due.) I loved the whole get-up but especially the big floral print skirt. (Florals in spring. SUCH an epiphany I know).
The vintage-y feel of the print sort of reminds me of something my great-grandmother would have on her curtains (that's a good thing ok? ok.) and it put me on the fabric search. Eventually I had an ah-ha moment when I found this blue print at Boersma's Sewing Center (great place, horrible for your wallet). Thus, my grandma's curtain skirt.
No pattern on this one, just drafted it out based on my measurements and the fit of another skirt. I made the band much wider than the original photo, about 4 inches verses what looks like one, because I find that looks better on me. It did turn out a touch snug in the hips, so if (and I mean when) I make it again I'll have to fix that. I did like the button closure in the back instead of the usual hook and eyes but I think I'd increase the overlap of the back band next time as well. Right now its at about half an inch, but I think it would sit better with about an inch.
All in all though, project success!